Industrial solar power plants: advantages of construction
Profitable “green tariff” and high solar activity have made our country a promising territory for the construction of industrial SPP. Industrial solar power plants in Ukraine are alternative energy facilities established by legal entities. A 1 MW solar power plant is an average capacity indicator for a commercial facility. The maximum is not limited: it all depends on the goals of the investor and the area of the allotted land plot. SPP are built for auxiliary power supply or to sell the electricity on the wholesale market.
Options for operating of industrial SPP
Let’s consider the possibilities of using solar power plants for auxiliary power supply of companies and for electricity trading.
Industrial solar power plant for the enterprise
Industrial, manufacturing and other commercial facilities can use a solar power plant as:
- Additional source of electricity. High power solar power plants allows to reduce energy consumption from a common network by optimizing the energy consumption of the enterprise.
- Means of additional earnings of the company. If the company has available unused lands, they can be allotted for SPP and sell the generated energy.
- Own source of electric power – especially if the facility is distant and there is no possibility of connecting it to a centralized network.
Solar-powered industrial power plant as a business object
The cost of a “turnkey” 1 MW solar power plant is about 0.7-0.9 million US dollars. Within a year an industrial SPP produces an average of 1.2-1.25 thousand kW*h of electricity. During the period of maximum solar activity, production is in the range of 200 thousand kW*h per month, in winter – up to 30 thousand kW*h per month. By selling the electricity received according to the “green tariff” it is possible to pay off the investments in solar power plant in 5-6 years and make a profit. At the end of the third quarter of 2019, more than 600 industrial solar power plants with a total capacity of 3.42 GW operated in Ukraine under the “green tariff”. Among them 247 enterprises concluded contracts for the sale of electricity during 2019. The volume of investments in solar energy in Ukraine exceeded 1.5 billion euros.
What is an industrial SPP
The SPP includes:
- photovoltaic industrial solar panels. The main component of a power plant that converts the Solar energy into electrical energy;
- supporting metal structures – provide the installation of solar panels;
- inverter – converts direct current from panels to alternating current;
- packaged transformer substation – transfers electricity to external grids;
- ASCA – SPP electric power metering system;
- power equipment complex.
In the process of implementation of a 1 MW solar power plant, the price depends on the goals of customer, area and features of the land plot, equipment used. For example, provided that the SPP is launched with Ukrainian equipment, the state gives additional privileges.
EDS Development: turnkey industrial solar power plants
EDS Development is an expert in the design and construction of turnkey industrial SPP. We have extensive experience in implementing projects with the capacity from 1 to 20 MW. We are ready to provide consulting, development of project documentation, construction and maintenance of solar power generation facilities and solve technical, legal, financial issues.
- energy independence of the enterprise and the formation of the image of a socially responsible producer;
- quick payback period;
- low operating and technical maintenance costs;
- long service life of SPP (20-25 years).
The level of insolation in most regions of Ukraine is higher than in many European countries (including Germany – leader in the field of solar energy). We will help to assess the benefits of investing in alternative energy of the country and will create the basis for a promising business.